Crock Pot Cheesy Bow Tie Spaghetti! If you’re anything like me… you’ve probably made spaghetti a million different ways with a million different ingredients. 3 out of my 4 kids really like spaghetti, so it makes an appearance at our dinner table probably once a month. Depending on what I have on hand I’ll make spaghetti with beef, sausage, ground turkey, meatballs, or even vegetarian. I had two pounds of lean beef in the freezer, and I had originally planned on making burritos (to be honest, I wasn’t too thrilled about burritos)…. but then I noticed the parmesan and mozzarella cheese in the fridge… and the fresh spinach… so this is the result…. cheesy bow tie spaghetti in the crock pot!! 🙂 It was a HUGE hit! ALL four kids gulped it down… even the spinach… and asked for seconds! 🙂 Love that!! I will be making this again for sure. And to top it off… it was super simple to make.
- 2 pounds of lean beef, browned
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (15 oz) can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 2 tsp. italian seasoning
- 1 cup water or homemade chicken broth
- 1 tsp. salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 (16 oz) box bow tie pasta, cooked al dente
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, shredded (plus more for garnish)
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- Brown the beef with the onion and garlic. Drain the excess fat.
- Place the beef mixture, tomatoes, tomato paste, water, italian seasoning, salt and pepper into your slow cooker. Stir well. Cook on low for 6-7 hours.
- Add in the pasta, mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, and spinach. Stir well. Cook for another 20-30 minutes. Serve hot with homemade garlic bread and salad! YUM!
Tools I used: