Seattle Cream Cheese Hot Dogs! GO HAWKS 😉 If you haven’t tried one of these yet…. you are in for a treat! Let me tell you about these bad boys. First of all, if you are in Capital Hill or Pioneer Square on a Friday or Saturday night you already know about the Seattle Cream Cheese Hot Dog! Well… you’ve at least smelled them!! The onions grilling will call to you 🙂 My favorite stand to go to is on Broadway and Pine. The line for these dogs is insane… and the people watching is priceless! There’s nothing better. I will stand out in the rain and cold in shorts and a tank top if need be. They are sooooooo worth it! It’s the best $5 I could spend. But what’s a girl to do when I’m not in Seattle?? Make my own of course!
- Beef hot dogs (make sure you get good quality dogs! I buy the ones from Costco)
- Hot dog buns (Again, make sure to buy good quality buns!! I like the big French Hoagie style buns)
- 4 Tbs. butter
- 3 Walla Walla onions, sliced (or any sweet onion)
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese
- Salt and pepper
- In a large sauté pan, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Add the onions and sauté for 15 minutes, or until soft and golden brown. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over low heat, heat up your cream cheese. You just want it warm and soft.
- Grill your hot dogs, and toast your buns on the grill as well.
- Assemble your dogs by spreading a generous amount of cream cheese on your hot dog buns. Add your hot dog and top with a generous portion of grilled onions! YUM!! That’s how I like mine… but feel free to add your regular hot dog condiments as well!
Tools I used: